Protect the Nest Weekly Update for Students – September 22, 2021
Posted Sep 22, 2021
This periodic update is intended to keep you informed of the latest developments from our Protect the Nest Team. Please visit www.otterbein.edu/covid19/ for additional general and student-related information. If you have questions or concerns, contact the COVID Hotline at email@example.com.
Need to Know:
- Faculty: If a student communicates that they are missing class due to quarantine or isolation, ask them if they have contacted firstname.lastname@example.org. If they have not, tell them to do so. If you need to confirm whether a student is officially in quarantine or isolation, contact Chris Reynolds at email@example.com.
- COVID-19 vaccines are free and available in many locations near campus and around central Ohio. You can find a list of locations near campus at www.otterbein.edu/covid19/ or additional locations at vaccinateoh.org or gettheshot.coronavirus.ohio.gov.
The number of positive cases among students, faculty, and staff has decreased for the second week in a row! Thanks for doing your part to Protect the Nest!
Cardy’s Big Shots Vaccination Drawing
All vaccinated students who sent proof of vaccination by Sept. 1 have been entered into the Cardy’s Big Shots vaccination drawing! Names will be randomly drawn and announced by President John Comerford in a live YouTube event at 2:30 p.m. on Thursday, Sept. 30. The live link will be shared next week. Tune in to see if you have won one of the following prizes:
- Tuition for Spring Semester 2022 (undergraduate or graduate) – Two awards for spring semester tuition up to 18 undergraduate credit hours or six graduate credit hours will be given. Employees and tuition exchange students are not eligible. This award replaces all other Otterbein institutional aid for the semester.
- $250 Otterbein statement credit – Four students will be awarded a $250 credit toward their Otterbein statement.
Getting Tested on Campus
Students can get tested for COVID-19 on campus. To do so, contact the COVID Hotline at firstname.lastname@example.org to request an appointment. The testing center DOES NOT allow unscheduled drop-in appointments.
Reminder: Masks Required Indoors
Masks are required in all shared spaces indoors. This includes the Courtright Memorial Library, even if you are sitting at a table alone. Other shared spaces include classrooms, stairwells, hallways, and restrooms.
Important Vaccination Dates
Please be aware of the following dates to comply with the vaccine requirement:
- Oct. 25 – Registration opens for spring semester classes. Students must have submitted their proof of vaccination or have received a medical or religious exemption in order to register for spring semester classes. Students must submit a photo or scan of their vaccination card or request an exemption form at email@example.com.
- Oct. 29 – Employees must submit proof of vaccination or receive a medical or religious exemption by Oct. 29. Employees should submit a photo or scan of their vaccination card at https://app.smartsheet.com/b/form/e05b7d6298cb49ca81a4b2a3d7701c66. To request an exemption form, employees must contact Scott Fitzgerald at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Next On-Campus Vaccine Clinic
A Johnson & Johnson COVID-19 vaccine clinic will be held from 9 a.m.-12 p.m. on Friday, Oct. 15, at The Point, room 145. Register here: https://armorvax-app.azurewebsites.net/Home/Invitation?code=GCV-YT5
Otterbein’s COVID-19 protocols are developed in consultation with Franklin County Public Health and OhioHealth (Otterbein’s campus healthcare provider) and adhere to the recommendations of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and Ohio Department of Health. Otterbein’s protocols are subject to change based on new guidance issued by these agencies.