Protect the Nest Weekly Update for Students – September 30, 2021
Posted Sep 30, 2021
This periodic update is intended to keep you informed of the latest developments from our Protect the Nest Team. Please visit www.otterbein.edu/covid19/ for additional general and student-related information. If you have questions or concerns, contact the COVID Hotline at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Need to Know:
- Employees: If you think you are symptomatic for COVID, call your primary healthcare provider. If you test positive, contact Human Resources. The COVID Hotline only tracks students
- Students can get tested for COVID-19 on campus. To do so, contact the COVID Hotline at email@example.com to request an appointment. The testing center DOES NOT allow unscheduled drop-in appointments.
Cardy’s Big Shots Vaccination Drawing TODAY!!!!
All vaccinated students who sent proof of vaccination by Sept. 1 have been entered into the Cardy’s Big Shots vaccination drawing! Names will be randomly drawn and announced by President John Comerford in a live YouTube event at 2:30 p.m. TODAY, Thursday, Sept. 30. The live link will be shared next week. Tune in to see if you have won one of the following prizes:
- Tuition for Spring Semester 2022 (undergraduate or graduate) – Two awards for spring semester tuition up to 18 undergraduate credit hours or six graduate credit hours will be given. Employees and tuition exchange students are not eligible. This award replaces all other Otterbein institutional aid for the semester.
- $250 Otterbein statement credit – Four students will be awarded a $250 credit toward their Otterbein statement.
Otterbein’s on-campus flu vaccine program this year will be limited. If you would like to get your flu shot right away, you should contact pharmacies or your doctor to make an appointment.
Next On-Campus Vaccine Clinic
NOTE: Due to an issue with the previous link, a new link has been provided for the Vaccine Clinic. If you have registered, please register again. Click on The Point; do not enter city or state.
A Johnson & Johnson COVID-19 vaccine clinic will be held from 9 a.m.-12 p.m. on Friday, Oct. 15, at The Point, room 145. Register here: https://armorvax-app.azurewebsites.net/Home/Invitation?code=DHL-7LX
Important Vaccination Date: Oct. 29
Please be aware of the following dates to comply with the vaccine requirement:
- Students who have not provided verification of their vaccination by Oct. 29 will be required to have a weekly on-campus COVID test beginning Nov. 1. Those who do not have an approved exemption will be allowed to create a schedule for their spring semester classes (for planning purposes), but that schedule will be frozen after registration week, and those schedules will be dropped on Wednesday, Jan. 5, 2022, if they have still not been vaccinated or do not have an approved exemption. Students must submit a photo or scan of their vaccination card or request an exemption form at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Employees must submit proof of vaccination or receive a medical or religious exemption by Oct. 29. Employees should submit a photo or scan of their vaccination card at https://app.smartsheet.com/b/form/e05b7d6298cb49ca81a4b2a3d7701c66. To request an exemption form, employees must contact Scott Fitzgerald at email@example.com.
- All unvaccinated individuals with an approved exemption will be required to have a weekly on-campus COVID test beginning Nov. 1.
Otterbein’s COVID-19 protocols are developed in consultation with Franklin County Public Health and OhioHealth (Otterbein’s campus healthcare provider) and adhere to the recommendations of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and Ohio Department of Health. Otterbein’s protocols are subject to change based on new guidance issued by these agencies.