Protect the Nest Weekly Update – November 17, 2021
Posted Nov 17, 2021
This periodic update is intended to keep you informed of the latest developments from our Protect the Nest Team. Please visit www.otterbein.edu/covid19/ for additional general and student-related information. If you have questions or concerns, contact the COVID Hotline at email@example.com.
Need to Know:
- Where to get the flu shot: Students can get the flu shot at the Student Health Center by appointment (see hours below, available to students only). Employees can get the flu shot through their primary healthcare provider, pharmacies, or health clinics.
- Students can get tested for COVID-19 on campus. To do so, contact the COVID Hotline at firstname.lastname@example.org to request an appointment. The testing center DOES NOT allow unscheduled drop-in appointments.
Have a Safe Thanksgiving Break!
Thanksgiving break is next week, and many in our Otterbein community will be seeing family and friends. We’ve had a low number of COVID cases on campus this semester thanks to all of you making smart choices. As COVID numbers are trending slightly upward in Franklin County and flu season is here, we ask that you continue to take precautions to avoid getting sick. Thanks for doing your part to keep the Cardinal Community safe and healthy!
Student Health Center Offering FREE Flu Shots for Students
Flu season is here! It’s not too late for students to get their FREE flu shot at the Student Health Center! The Student Health Center is available to registered students for non-COVID healthcare needs, including flu shots, during the following hours:
Mondays and Wednesdays
- 8-11 a.m.: Provider appointments available.
- 11 a.m.-4 p.m.: Call-in hours only.
Tuesdays and Thursdays
- 8-11 a.m. and 1-3 p.m.: Provider appointments available.
- 11 a.m.-1 p.m. and 3-4 p.m.: Call-in hours only.
The Health Center is located at 78 W. Home St. (east of Campus Center) and can be reached at 614-823-1345. The Health Center is closed on breaks and holidays.
Failure to Comply with Vaccination Requirement
Students who are unvaccinated and do not have an exemption will be allowed to create a schedule for their spring semester classes (for planning purposes), but that schedule will be frozen after registration week, and those schedules will be dropped on Wednesday, Jan. 5, 2022, if students remain unvaccinated or do not have an approved exemption. To avoid this, students must submit a photo or scan of their vaccination card or request an exemption form at email@example.com.
If employees are still unvaccinated and do not have an exemption, their last day of employment is Jan. 7, 2022. To avoid this, employees must submit a photo or scan of their vaccination card here. To request an exemption form, employees must contact Scott Fitzgerald at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Otterbein’s COVID-19 protocols are developed in consultation with Franklin County Public Health and OhioHealth (Otterbein’s campus healthcare provider) and adhere to the recommendations of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and Ohio Department of Health. Otterbein’s protocols are subject to change based on new guidance issued by these agencies.