Student Pre-Registration Open for Jan. 18 COVID-19 Testing Event
Posted Jan 12, 2021
It’s time to sign up for your required FREE COVID-19 Test available at Otterbein’s Jan. 18 Event!
As you know, for the health and wellness of our entire campus community, we are requiring COVID-19 testing for all students who plan to be on campus for any purpose this semester. You can read more about this new requirement.
We’ve gotten a few great questions from students and want to share clarification to help.
- This is a FREE event. You DO NOT need insurance and you don’t have to provide any insurance information. You DO need to pre-register for your test appointment so be sure to do that now. Instructions on how to do that are below.
- If you can’t attend Otterbein’s Jan. 18 COVID-19 Testing Event and you need help with a test, contact the Otterbein COVID-19 Support Team (firstname.lastname@example.org) for guidance on other options.
- If you are testing on your own, your test must be conducted between Jan. 13-17, 2021, and proof of your test results must be emailed by Jan. 17 to email@example.com along with your name and student ID number. If you have any concerns about receiving your test result by Jan. 17, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
For the convenience of our students, we are partnering with the Ohio National Guard to host this free, on-campus testing event from 10 a.m.-2 p.m. on Monday, Jan. 18, in the Clements Recreation Center. This collaboration with the Ohio National Guard will ensure students move through testing quickly and safely. We expect with your pre-registered appointment that you will be able to complete the entire testing process within 15 to 30 minutes.
You MUST pre-register for the event and can do so by following the instructions below.
Step One: Make an appointment by signing up for a time.
- Go to tinyurl.com/OtterbeinCOVIDTesting to select your preferred time on Monday, Jan. 18. You must be logged into your Otterbein accounts when you sign-up.
Step Two: Pre-register your personal information through the testing portal.
- Go to tinyurl.com/COVID19OtterbeinRegister or use this QR code:
Follow these instructions:
- The account number and account name will be pre-populated on the form and should not be modified.
- Complete all fields that have a red *.
- Your social security number is not required.
- Your driver’s license number is not required.
- The insurance type selected will be auto-filled and pre-chosen as “Client Bill (free test)” and should not be modified.
- Provider information is already pre-selected and should not be modified.
- Virus detection 720100 – SARS-CoV-2 will be pre-selected and should not be modified.
- Virus antibody will have nothing selected and should not be modified.
- Z03.818 should be selected for the DX code.
- The sample collection date should be selected for January 18, 2021. (The time does not matter) If the correct collection date is NOT selected, your test will not be accepted.
- The custom state required questions must be answered.
- Once you have completed the form, select “Create E-REQ” at the bottom. This will assign you an MX number that will be utilized at the event. This will also be emailed to the email provided.
- You must bring the MX number to the event.
- If you agree to allow Mako Medical to text you when your results are ready, please ensure that you opt into this during your registration process.
- Results will be available in 3-4 days, and you will be able to access these online through Mako Medical no matter your result. https://mako.luminatehealth.com
- Please note: The on-campus COVID-19 test results will take a few days, so prior to and after testing:
- Undergraduate students should avoid contact with others and limit leaving your residence hall to in-person classes, carry-out meals, work, and emergencies until you receive a negative test result.
- Graduate students are also asked to limit contact with others beyond your work and family responsibilities. We recognize many graduate students are already adhering to strict preventative safety measures at their workplaces.
- If you receive a positive test result, Otterbein’s COVID-19 Support Team will be in immediate contact to assist you with next steps.
- You will NOT need a COVID test if you meet any of these qualifying factors:
- You will not be on campus for any reason during the 2021 spring semester. This means you will not have any in-person classes, work, or involvement in on-campus activities.
If you have any questions or concerns as you make your appointment and pre-register, the Otterbein COVID-19 Support Team welcomes your questions at email@example.com.