Maker Space is now open to the Public
The health and safety of members, tenants and employees is our number one priority for the reopening of the Maker Space. We have been working hard to get ready to reopen and welcome you back. Our staff members conduct regular and thorough cleaning of all the equipment, surfaces and areas of the Maker Space. Although we cannot eliminate all risks associated with COVID-19, we’ve taken several additional steps to strengthen our existing cleanliness policies and procedures to help keep you and our staff members safe when we reopen.
Below are some of the changes you can expect from us when you return:
- Current hours of operations are Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday from 3 pm to 9 pm.
- Facial Coverings will be required by all individuals in common areas and when working in areas with others.
- Each member MUST review the Otterbein Visitor Self-Screening Assessment in Smart Waiver. Your entry onto campus is your certification that you completed Otterbein’s Self-Screening Assessment, this includes temperature checking prior to arrival.
- The check-in iPad has been mounted to the wall next to the Maker Space office. There will be hand sanitizer available that all members MUST use before signing in and out.
- If you are a current member and would like to use the Maker Space, please call 614-823-2932 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule a time so there are not more than 6 people in a room.
- Trainings, tours and other uses of the facility will temporarily be modified to solely focus on individuals’ requirements. You can schedule tours and training by emailing us email@example.com or by calling 614-823-2940
- Increased, thorough cleaning will be conducted using disinfectant on the EPA list of effective cleaners. Members NEED to clean and sanitize equipment after use with the available supplies in each room.
- Hand sanitizer is available in common areas throughout The Point for member use.
- Some computers or other equipment will be temporarily marked “DO NOT USE” to enable social distancing, please do not move equipment or furniture without speaking to a staff member.
- All staff members have completed extensive training related to our enhanced cleanliness and sanitation policies and procedures.
From our Executive Director
The Point at Otterbein is innovation in its best form.
We stand out as a bold leader and innovator with our unique approach as one of the first liberal arts infused centers in Ohio. The Point represents an opportunity to engage in experiential learning in a way that students simply cannot do at any other institution.
It is no longer acceptable to be an expert in one field. As companies and partners are joining The Point initiative, they tell us they value students’ experience working successfully in cross-disciplinary teams, and they value how students will be engaging with business beyond the traditional internship model. Utilizing a hands-on, applied approach prepares students to engage in the way employers want and expect.
We’re looking for exciting synergies and partnerships and invite you to support the future of learning!
– Erin Bender
For corporate membership inquiries, please send us your contact details and our team will get in touch.
Our Membership Packages
Bring your creativity and energy and come build the future at The Point! Students, community members, and businesses, stop in and see how we can make something great, together!
Maker Space Membership Packages
Please select the membership package that fits your needs then submit the form to register. Check our News & Events page to sign up for free member training sessions on the equipment you intend to use.
Otterbein students, faculty & staff
When you register with your Otterbein email, your Otterbein affiliation will be verified. Memberships expire the 2nd Friday in August and require re-enrollment.
For parties interested in leasing The Point’s resources for one month.
For external parties interested in using The Point’s resources on a monthly basis.
For external parties interested in using The Point’s resources on a Yearly basis.
Already a member? Log in to manage your subscription.
Co-Working Membership Packages
To reserve a co-working desk at The Point, please see the options below. Select the option that meets your needs and then complete the form to being the co-working space registration process.
Designed for external parties interested in renting a co-working space at The Point on a daily basis.
Cost: $25 for 1 day
Designed for external parties interested in renting a co-working space at The Point on a monthly basis.
Designed for external parties interested in renting a dedicated co-working desk/space at The Point on a monthly basis.
Designed for external parties interested in renting a private office for 1 person at The Point on a monthly basis.
Already a member? Login to manage your subscription.