The terms “Otterbein” “us,” “our” or “we” refer to Otterbein University. The terms “you” and “your” refer to a consumer user or viewer of our website(s).
What Information Do We Collect Online And How Is It Used?
We may ask you to provide personal information through our websites. For example, when you:
- Register for an event, apply for admission, or sign up for a membership offering
- Subscribe to receive our email or other communications; or
- Contact us for other information.
Types of personal information collected or provided may include your name, address, email address, home, work and mobile telephone number, as well as other information you chose to provide which can identify you personally.
Once we receive personal information through our websites, we use it for such things as:
- Processing orders and requests;
- Improving and developing our products, services and websites;
- Communicating with you regarding promotional offers, new products, and other information that we think may be interesting to you;
- Analyzing your activity with us, including interaction with our websites and your event registration or purchases;
- Personalizing our communications to you; or
- Responding to your inquiries.
Information Observed or Collected Through Technology
What Type Of Technologies Are Used?
We and our third party service providers use technology to automatically observe and collect information whenever you interact with our websites. The following describe some of the types of technology Otterbein may use to better understand your use of our websites:
- Navigational Information: we collect navigational information such as browser type and version; the service provider used to access our websites; whether visitors arrived through a link for our websites; and for visitors using a mobile version of our websites, technical information about the device used, such as screen size, cookie support by the device and how images may appear.
- Cookies assign a unique identification to your computer and are typically stored on your computer’s hard drive by your web browser.
How Do We Use Information Gathered Through Technology?
Information gathered through technology allows us to determine such things as which parts of our websites are most visited or used, what products are browsed and/or purchased, the effectiveness of our websites, and difficulties visitors may experience in accessing our websites. Cookies are also used to keep track of items you put into your shopping cart, and to tell us whether you have visited our websites in the past. Otterbein may also associate information gathered through technology with your personal information, and use it as described above.
What Choices Do You Have Over How Your Information Is Used?
Marketing Email: You may elect to no longer receive marketing emails from us by following the unsubscribe instructions in the next marketing email you receive. Please be aware, however, even if you opt out of marketing emails, you may still receive emails related to your transactions, such as order or registration confirmations.
How Do We Protect Your Information?
Our websites have security measures in place to protect against the loss, misuse and alteration of the information under our control, including firewall technology, virus and malware scans and other similar measures.
What Information Is Collected Directly By Third Parties?
What Information Do We Share With Third Parties?
We may share your personal information with third party service providers that assist us in such things as: developing and administering our websites; conducting surveys; sending and administering emails; performing marketing services; or other similar services.
We will not otherwise share, sell, or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so or based on our good faith belief that it is necessary to conform or comply with the law or is necessary to protect the users of our websites, the websites or the public.
Nothing in this policy restricts our ability to share aggregated or anonymized information that does not directly identify you.
Where Should You Direct Your Questions or Concerns?
If you have questions or concerns with respect to our Privacy Statement (how we collect or use your digital information), please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Office of Marketing and Communications
Location: Cellar House, 141 W. Park Street
Hours: 8:30 a.m. – 6:00 p.m., Monday-Friday
Website Team: email@example.com
Director of Marketing and Communications