Kristy McCray, Associate Professor, Health & Sport Sciences
- Ph.D., The Ohio State University, 2015. Kinesiology (Sport Management)
- M.Ed., University of Southern California, 2007. Postsecondary Administration and Student Affairs
- B.A., University of Southern California, 2002. Print Journalism and Political Science
Levine, J., Cintron, A., & McCray, K. (in press). Legal implications of conducting background checks on intercollegiate student athletes. Marquette Sports Law Review.
Cintron, A., Levine, J., & McCray, K. (in press). Preventing sexual violence on college campuses: An investigation of current practices of conducting background checks on student athletes. Journal of Legal Aspects of Sport.
Taylor, E. A., Jones, G., McCray, K., & Hardin, R. (in press). Creating ethical decision makers: The influence of education on perceptions of sexual harassment and sexual assault. Sport Management Education Journal.
Bailey, R. L., & McCray, K. L. (2019). Keeping campuses safe: The college athlete crime and consequence conundrum. Journal of NCAA Compliance, May/June 2019, 3-24.
McCray, K. L. (in press). Sexual Assault and Intercollegiate Athletes. In W. O’Donohue, C. Cummings, P. Schewe (Eds.), Handbook of Sexual Assault and Sexual Assault Prevention. New York, NY: Springer.
McCray, K. L., Sutherland, S. L., & Pastore, D. L. (2018). Creating change in intercollegiate athletics: The Sexual Assault Prevention Paradigm for athletic departments. Journal of Higher Education, Athletics, & Innovation, 1(4), 25-53.
Parietti, M., Lower, L., & McCray, K. (2016). The career readiness of intercollegiate athletes: Is there a gender gap? Journal of Issues in Intercollegiate Athletics, 9, 283-302.
Pastore, D. L., Parietti, M., McCray, K., Dabbs, S., Yang, S. Y., & Park, Y. (2015). Podcasts in higher education with specific examples in sport management. Future Focus: Ohio Journal of Health, Physical Education, Recreation, and Dance, 36(2), 19-28.
- McCray, K. L. (2015). Intercollegiate athletes and sexual violence: A review of literature and recommendations for future study. Trauma, Violence, and Abuse, 16(4), 438-443.
Affiliations & Awards
- Ohio Department of Higher Education, Changing Campus Culture Grant, 2018-2019
- Otterbein University, New Teacher of the Year, 2017
- Otterbein University, Sexual Violence Task Force member
- North American Society for Sport Management, member
- Sport Recreation and Law Association, member
- North American Society for the Sociology of Sport, member