Minor in Sociology
A minor in sociology at Otterbein University allows students to enhance their undergraduate experience with a variety of courses that complement diverse majors. With a sociology minor, you investigate topics such as inequality, family, race, gender, criminology, human and community service, or global justice in depth. Acquiring background in sociology can help students better prepare for graduate studies or a career in a related field with tangible social science methods and concepts.
Coursework might investigate:
- How to encourage public interest in climate and environmental policy changes
- Alleviating the gender pay gap
- Divorce rates in relation to the ‘wedding industrial complex’
- ‘Black Lives Matter’ as a social movement
- Contentious discourse in politics and the culture wars