We are ensuring EVERY STUDENT WILL be READY for their future.
Otterbein’s smart new career and professional preparation program will guide your four years to ensure you feel READY to land your future goals. Explore Otterbein’s committment to your success and the experiences we believe every student should have.
Connect with SSCD:
Otterbein has helped me grow into the person I am. It has given me an education to thrive in my career, experiences to learn life lessons, and relationships that I will cherish forever.
Michael Rennette ’22
Finance and Spanish and Latin American Studies double major
Immediately following graduation, Michael started working as a financial analyst at Mettler-Toledo’s world headquarters.
Four Year Overview >
Year One Focus >
READY Guides by Major
Otterbein is a place you wish you had more time. This is the place I’ve matured, called home, and made amazing friends and connections. It is a central place of endless opportunities and unique experiences.
Nina Patel ’22
Biochemistry and Molecular Biology major
Nina says her admission into Otterbein’s Pre-Medicine Early Assurance Program was her greatest achievement. She will be attending medical school at Ohio University’s College of Osteopathic Medicine this fall.
EVERY STUDENT WILL have advisors and mentors help you design professional goals.
Before you can build anything great, it’s smart to set goals that will help you get from where you are to where you want to be.
EVERY STUDENT WILL….
- Work with your own team of advisors and faculty mentors to build academic and professional goals.
- Start imagining the kinds of experiences you want to have and explore career options that fit your talents and interests.
- Get advice from experts, alumni, and people who care about your future.
- Learn how to network.
EVERY STUDENT WILL graduate with at least one immersive experience.
At Otterbein, an Education isn’t something you receive – an education is something you experience – whether it’s one life-changing opportunity or a series of them.
EVERY STUDENT WILL put knowledge to work through hands-on learning immersive experiences. Some potential areas of focus are:
EVERY STUDENT WILL be READY to map their future success with a career plan they build.
What comes next? It’s the question everyone asks. You’ll have the answer because your four years at Otterbein were spent learning, applying, and discovering how your talents and passions connect to the future you’ve been planning.
EVERY STUDENT WILL …
- Benefit from formalized training, structured guidance, and clear expectations about career readiness.
- Be equipped with power skills learned in the classroom and through immersive experiences.
- Have the confidence and understand how to actualize the life and the career you want.
EVERY STUDENT WILL also benefit from meaningful opportunities that include:
- SELF DISCOVERY
You’ll start exploring academic and career options, begin to consider your strengths and talents, and start planning and learing from informational interviews.
- CAREER CONFERENCE
You’re going to learn networking etiquette and get the chance to practice it. You’ll also learn about everything from job and graduate school search strategies to personal branding to resumes and cover letters.
- PREPARED FOR ACTION AND TRANSITION
Whether it’s building your financial literacy knowledge or understanding workplace culture expectations, you’ll feel confident and prepared.
READY Guides by Major
Review these guides to see examples of different opportunities available to Otterbein students under this program, based on their major.
These lists are not comprehensive. Students are not guaranteed to have any certain type of immersive experience or career. The READY Guides should be used to assist students in imagining their path.
- Environmental Science, Sustainability Studies
- Equine Business Management
- Equine Pre-Veterinary/Pre-Graduate Studies, Veterinary Technology
- Exercise Science & Health Promotion
- Health Communication
- Journalism & Media Communication
- Mathematics, Actuarial Science
- Non Major Specific
- Philosophy & Religion
Student Success & Career Development
Lower Level of Towers Hall (027)
1 South Grove St
Westerville, OH 43081