Equestrian Team & Riding Lessons At Otterbein
Our nationally competitive equestrian team will allow you to meet your competition goals and expand your equestrian interests. Otterbein is proud to offer several different options for its equestrians. Riders have the opportunity to participate in three different disciplines; Hunt Seat, Dressage, and Eventing.
Riding Lessons for Otterbein Students
Otterbein’s riding lessons are focused on developing both the horse and rider. Instructors integrate several different techniques and disciplines to create educated equestrians. The health, fitness, and balance of horse and rider are also stressed throughout.
No public riding lessons are currently being offered
Guidelines for Riding Lessons
- All registered riders must complete a riding assessment at academic orientation or submit a riding video to Kari Briggs for riding level placement.Contact: Kbriggs@otterbein.edu for more information
- Riding lessons are held at the Knowlton Center of Equine Science. You must provide your own transportation and allow 10 minutes to and from the stables.
- All students are required to wear smooth-soled, over-the-ankle boots with a heel or they will not be permitted to participate. In order to ride you must bring an ASTM/SEI approved riding helmet.
- All students must complete a liability waiver and an emergency contact form prior to riding. Any student under the age of 18 must have both parents or legal guardians sign the waiver.
- Otterbein students may register for group, private or semi-private lessons. New students are encouraged to take an assessment before registering for lessons.
- All groups have a maximum of six riders, and semi-privates have two riders.
- Otterbein Equestrian Team members are required to take two lessons a week.
- Please read and follow all Stable Rules (PDF).