Meredith C. Frey, Professor & Department Chair, Psychology
- Ph.D., Case Western Reserve University, 2006
- 2005, Case Western Reserve University, 2005
- B.A., Ursuline College, 2001
Research, Creative, & Professional Work
- Human intelligence
- Intelligence Testing
- Academic Achievement
- Detterman, D. K., Petersen, E., & Frey, M. C. (2016). Process overlap and system theory: A simulation of, comment on, and integration of Kovacs and Conway. Psychological Inquiry, 27(3), 200-204.
- Frey, M. C., & Detterman, D. K. (2004). Scholastic assessment or g? The relationship between the SAT and general cognitive ability. Psychological Science, 15 (6), 373-378.
- Frey, M. C., & Detterman, D. K. (2005). Regression basics: Rejoinder to Bridgeman. Psychological Science, 16 (9), 747.
- Frey, M. C. (2011). The relationship between performance in near match-to-sample tasks and fluid intelligence. Intelligence, 39, 273-280.
- Frey, M. C. (2018). Intelligence. In M. H. Bornstein (Ed.) The SAGE Encyclopedia of Lifespan Human Development.
- Koenig, K. A., Frey, M. C., & Detterman, D. K. (2008). ACT and general cognitive ability. Intelligence, 36 (2), 153-160.
- Laurie-Rose, C., Curtindale, L., & Frey, M. C. (2017). Measuring sustained attention and perceived workload: A test with children. Human Factors, 59(1), 76-90.
- Laurie-Rose, C., Frey, M. C., Ennis, A.*, & Zamary, A. (2014). Measuring perceived mental workload in children. American Journal of Psychology, 127, 107-125.
- Laurie-Rose, C., Frey, M. C., Sibata, E., & Zamary, A. (2015). The effects of memory load and test position on short duration sustained attention tasks. American Journal of Psychology, 128 (4), 445 - 458.
Affiliations & Awards
- Otterbein University New Teacher of the Year, 2009
- Otterbein University Torch and Key Society, 2009
- Case Western Reserve University Graduate Instructor Award, 2005
- Mensa Research Award, 2004