Experiential learning profoundly tied to what businesses need today.
Master in Business Administration (M.B.A.) Program
Businesses today, both big and small, are looking for key characteristics when selecting talent; problem solvers, critical and creative thinkers, ability to communicate effectively, and entrepreneurial mindset.
We know this because we meet with business leaders, regularly. It’s paramount to our program to be vigilant about aligning with the business community. It informs our curriculum, and creates a “roll up your sleeves” experiential approach to how you will learn from your professors.
Our alumni consistently comment that what they have learned in the classroom had immediate application to their jobs. That’s putting real meaning behind the letters M.B.A.
- 12 courses | 36 credit hours | 2 years | Evening Classes | Full-time and Part-time options
- Curriculum deeply aligned with business needs of today
- Experiential learning provides hands-on opportunities and real-world experience
- Instills entrepreneurial mindset in graduates
- What you learn today is applicable in your job tomorrow
- International travel course available
Your Experience at Otterbein
“Why are you here? What do you really want to do?” These are the two main questions you’ll be asked when applying to our MBA program. The answers to these questions are critical to crafting an experience that is customized to your goals. Not every person is looking to do the same thing with their MBA degree, so it’s important that how you navigate our program is aligned to your particular goals. While our curriculum is streamlined to instill the core knowledge and expertise needed to succeed in your career, students are encouraged to push for outcomes that help them achieve their individual goals.
Our faculty doesn’t just come from the business world. Almost half of them are still actively working in leadership positions at businesses across Central Ohio. This not only adds application to what they teach, there is an immediacy aligned to actual needs in today’s businesses. That’s experience you can’t find just anywhere.
The Point at Otterbein University
Otterbein has partnered with leading organizations from the private and public sectors in central Ohio to create The Point at Otterbein University, a new science, technology, engineering, arts and math (STEAM) Innovation Center that combines academics with the business, manufacturing, and innovation needs of our community. Located at 60 Collegeview Road, The Point and its STEAM Innovation Center is home to five resident tenants and Otterbein academic departments, with lab space available to businesses and the broader community.
Where Our Alumni are Applying their Degree
Many of our MBA students are implementing their knowledge at the following organizations:
- Alliance Data
- Cardinal Health
- Ernst & Young
- Mount Carmel
- Nationwide Children’s Hospital
- Nationwide Insurance
- Worthington Industries
There are many more industries and organizations represented within our program.
The Otterbein MBA Association aims to provide the best possible experience to all MBA students. As the principal organizer of MBA student-driven events, the Association offers career development, community impact and social opportunities to active Otterbein MBA students by linking them with the business community, alumni, faculty and peers. Be sure to follow us on Facebook for the latest news & events.
Get Involved & Build Your Network
- Professional Networking Events with fellow students, alumni and business leaders
- Connections with local Young Professionals groups, including Columbus Young Professionals and Westerville Young Professionals
- Social Events with alumni, peers, professors and the business community, including monthly wine tastings in Uptown Westerville.
- Volunteer Opportunities – WARM Thanksgiving Dinner fundraiser, Westerville Community Bowl-A-Thon, Blood Drive, and more.
- Otterbein MBA merchandise
Internship opportunities await!
If you are new to the Columbus area, or coming to the Otterbein MBA fresh out of undergrad, you may be interested in an internship opportunity. We are happy to connect you with local internship programs like:
- T-Pro Solutions
- Alloy Research & Brand Strategy
- Ringside Talent Acquisition
- Huntington Bank
- Central Ohio Primary Care
- The Tony Wells Foundation
- And More!
Let us know how we can help you hit the ground running. An internship leading into the MBA program is the perfect way to start your career and build your network in central Ohio!
Grow your network!
The Otterbein MBA program is excited to offer a mentor program for incoming students! As a new MBA student, you are provided a mentor from an industry of your choosing. Whether you are starting your career or a seasoned professional, you will benefit from connecting with local like-minded individuals who can help you learn and grow. Otterbein MBA mentors are:
- C-level executives
- Experts in their field
- Passionate about the development of Otterbein MBA students