Minor in Criminology & Justice Studies
You can combine a minor in criminology & justice studies with majors in sociology, psychology, political science, communication, health studies, etc. It is an ideal minor for students interested in pursuing a career in law or public policy. Criminology uses social science methods and develops important concepts and theories that you will apply to complex problems in a number of fields.
Coursework might investigate:
- Child abuse and the juvenile justice system
- Problems and issues in policing, corrections, and law enforcement careers
- Race as a factor in the imposition of capital punishment
- Who gets labeled deviant and who is merely ‘quirky’
- The portrayal of crime and violence on prime time TV and/or in the movies