We know you’ve done this before and we’ll help you find a place to belong.

Transferring to Otterbein

Students who are interested in transferring to Otterbein University may contact Adult and Transfer Admission Counselor’s through text and email. Virtual meetings can also be scheduled upon request. Transfer students can go to visit.otterbein.edu to schedule a campus tour and meet with an admission counselor.

Contact our Adult and Transfer Admission Counselors to request an on campus meeting or virtual appointment:

Transfer Tuesday’s are officially Virtual!
The Adult and Transfer team will be hosting a Virtual transfer overview every Tuesday from 3:00 – 4:00 p.m.

Register Now!

Columbus State Virtual Student Office Hours
Meet with an Otterbein Transfer Admission counselor for virtual office hours specifically for Columbus State Community College Students. Come discuss our Guaranteed Admission programs, along with any additional questions you might have! These sessions are available every Tuesday throughout the semester.

Register Now!

What are your application requirements?


Ready to apply? Here’s what you’ll need to do, organize, and submit to apply to Otterbein:

  1. Follow the steps below to submit your Otterbein transfer admission application:
    • Open the application page
    • Create a login
    • No application fee
    • Be sure to submit all supporting documents
  2. Submit official transcripts from all post-secondary attended. Send all official transcripts directly from previously attended to Otterbein. Otterbein prefers to receive all official transcripts electronically.
    NOTETransfer students maybe asked to submit an official high school to support overall admission decisions.
  3. With the availability of the ACT and SAT scores being disrupted by COVID-19, Otterbein has adopted a test optional admission policy. Students will be able to select if they would or would not like test scores to be used in the evaluation of their admission application. Students with high school GPA of 2.75 or lower are encouraged to submit a test score if available. Students will not be disadvantaged for the submission of test scores, so, if available, we would recommend submitting official score.

Application Form Information

To apply to Otterbein as a Transfer/Adult student please submit the Otterbein transfer admission application.

What are your admission criteria? Are there any other requirements?


Admission to Otterbein is based on a student’s overall potential for academic success. Decisions are made after a holistic review. Students are reviewed based upon cumulative GPA of all post-secondary transcripts.

Transfer students maybe asked to support their application with a final high school transcript.

Special Enrollment

Enrollment in the Athletic Training, Education, Engineering, Honors, Nursing, Osteopathic Medicine Early Assurance and Zoo and Conservation Science programs have additional academic requirements. Details are available from the Office of Admission. Otterbein University is committed to providing a learning and working environment that is free from discrimination. Otterbein does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, disability, genetic information, military status, or veteran status in admissions, in access to, or in treatment within its educational programs or activities, in employment, recruiting, or policy administration.


Some departments require an audition or portfolio review for admission. Theatre and Music require an audition. Art requires a portfolio review. Additional details are available from the Office of Admission. Each department coordinates the process a little differently, so read carefully and do not hesitate to call the Office of Admission at 614-823-1500, or any of the individual departments if you have questions.

What do I need to transfer?


Otterbein accepts credits from two and four-year institutions that are fully accredited by the appropriate regional accrediting agencies. Students applying for transfer to Otterbein University will receive an official evaluation of their prior college credits when official transcripts have been received from all previously attended institutions. Only courses in which the student has received a grade of “C-“or higher will be considered for transfer credits.

There is no limit to the number of credits transferred from two-year and four-year institutions.

Will all my courses count?

Transfer Credits

Course Equivalency Guides

Otterbein University accepts all non-remedial credits earned at any regionally accredited institution with a grade C- or better. Otterbein also accepts credits for military coursework listed on a military transcript with ACE recommendations. Credits are evaluated by the registrar in consultation with academic departments. Credits that do not align with specific Otterbein courses will be awarded general elective credit. Actual grades are not transferred and thus are not included in the Otterbein grade point average. If academic credentials are submitted in a non-English language, a World Education Services, Inc. (WES) course-by-course evaluation might be required. Visit the WES website for details and instructions.

Select a school name below to see a list of courses which will transfer to Otterbein University from that institution. Courses which are not listed have not yet been evaluated for course credit. Equivalency guides will be updated periodically as courses are reviewed.

Once outside coursework is complete, students must send an official transcript from the institution to the Otterbein Office of the Registrar in order for credit to be applied to their degree.

Community College Agreements

To better serve students in community colleges, Otterbein has articulation agreements with the institutions listed below. These agreements guarantee admission to graduates from two-year institutions with the Associate of Arts or Associate of Science degree with a 2.0 or higher GPA. Individual departments’ minimum grade requirements may vary.

  • Central Ohio Technical College, Newark, Ohio​
  • Clark State Community College, Springfield, Ohio
  • Columbus State Community College (Pathway Programs), Columbus, Ohio
  • Hocking College, Logan, Ohio
  • Marion Technical College, Marion, Ohio
  • North Central State College, Mansfield, Ohio
  • Southern State Community College, Hillsboro, Ohio
  • Zane State College, Zanesville, Ohio

Eligibility for Otterbein Adult & Transfer Scholarships


Transfer students with less than 30 earned credit hours will be considered for the same scholarships, but their complete academic history will be used (high school GPA, class rank, ACT/SAT scores and college GPA). All students are eligible to file for need-based aid by completing the FAFSA form at https://studentaid.gov/h/apply-for-aid/fafsa.

Associate Degree Scholarship - $17,000

We want to ensure all Community College graduates from an accredited institution know they are valued and will make a great addition to the Cardinal family. Students who have already earned their Associate’s Degree with a GPA of 2.75 or higher are eligible for our Associate Degree Scholarship. Students must remain in full-time status while completing their Bachelor’s degree to maintain the Associate Degree Scholarship.

Presidential Scholarship - $15,500

Awardees have an accumulative GPA of 3.5 or higher of college level work

Provost Scholarship - $11,000

Awardees have an accumulative GPA of 2.71-3.4 of college level work

Alumni Scholarship - $8,000

Awardees have an accumulative GPA of 2.0-2.7 of college level work

Many university offices and services either hold evening hours or can arrange those by appointment. Please consult the individual services pages for those hours.