Columbus State Dual Admission Program at Otterbein
Columbus State Community College and Otterbein University have collaborated to provide Central Ohio students an affordable path to a college education.
Students earning an associated degree with a GPA of 2.75 or higher are awarded a $17000 scholarship per year to complete their bachelor’s degree at Otterbein.(Full time enrollment and maintaining a GPA of 2.75 is required) Student’s with a GPA of 2.0 – 2.74 are evaluated for scholarship based upon GPA.
Otterbein Comes to You at CSCC
Beginning Wednesday, September 4, 2019, Otterbein Admission Counselors are available to speak to Columbus State students in the Transfer Center (Aquinas Hall 126) or at the Delaware Campus in Moeller Hall.
Visit Otterbein every Wednesday from 9 am – 1 pm in the Transfer Advising Center, Aquinas Hall 126. Additional visit schedule or other related Otterbein University transfer events can be viewed here.
Contact the Office of Admission at (614) 823-1500 or firstname.lastname@example.org to meet personally with an advisor.
Ready to Apply? Go to cscc2ottu.com today!
Benefits for Columbus State Graduates
Students who graduate with an Associate of Arts (AA) or Associate of Science (AS) degree will be guaranteed admission to Otterbein. Some academic programs may require separate applications beyond the university admissions application.
We want to ensure all Community College graduates from an accredited institution know they are valued and will make a great addition to the Cardinal family. Students who have already earned their Associate’s Degree with a GPA of 2.75 or higher are eligible for our Associate Degree Scholarship, which is an annual amount of $17,000. Students must remain in full-time status while completing their Bachelor’s degree to maintain the Associate Degree Scholarship.
Students must earn a grade of “C” or better in all courses in the 2+2 programs. The student may be required to retake any course in which they received a grade of “C” where there is a higher minimum grade required for Otterbein University students pursuing the same academic program.
Columbus State students could also choose to use their college credit from Columbus State to finish a degree completion program, or they may choose from any of the more than 70 majors and 44 minors available during the day.
Dual Admission Programs and 2+2 Pathways
Majors at Otterbein that may be completed in the Dual Admission Program and 2+2 Pathways are:
- Allied Health BA
- Allied Health BS
- Art History (AA to BA)
- Art – Studio Concentration (AA to BA)
- Business Administration & Management
- Chemistry (AS to BA)
- Chemistry (AS to BS)
- Communication Studies
- Early Childhood Education (AA to BSE)
- Early Childhood Education (AAS to BSE)
- Health Communication
- Integrated Science Education
- International Business and Management
- Journalism and Media Communication
- Mathematics (AS to BA)
- Mechanical Engineering (AS System Engineering to BS Mechanical Engineering)
- Middle Childhood Education – Language Arts & Science (AA to BSE)
- Middle Childhood Education – Language Arts & Social Studies (AA to BSE)
- Middle Childhood Education – Mathematics & Language Arts (AA to BSE)
- Middle Childhood Education – Mathematics & Science (AS to BSE)
- Middle Childhood Education – Mathematics & Social Studies (AA to BSE)
- Middle Childhood Education – Science & Social Studies (AA to BSE)
- Psychology (AA to BA)
- Psychology (AA to BS)
- Public Health Education
- Public Relations
- Sports Management (AAS to BA)
- Sustainability Studies (AA to BA)
- Systems Engineering (AS to BS)