Columbus State Dual Admission Program at Otterbein
Columbus State Community College and Otterbein University have collaborated to provide Central Ohio students an affordable path to a college education.
Students earning an associated degree with a GPA of 2.75 or higher are awarded a $17000 scholarship per year to complete their bachelor’s degree at Otterbein.(Full time enrollment and maintaining a GPA of 2.75 is required) Student’s with a GPA of 2.0 – 2.74 are evaluated for scholarship based upon GPA.
Otterbein Virtual Office Hours
Beginning Wednesday, August 25 – November 18, 2020, an Otterbein Admission Counselor is available to speak to Columbus State students through virtual office hours.
Contact the Office of Admission at 614-823-1500 or email@example.com with any questions.
Ready to Apply? Go to cscc2ottu.com today!
Benefits for Columbus State Graduates
Students who graduate with an Associate of Arts (AA) or Associate of Science (AS) degree will be guaranteed admission to Otterbein. Some academic programs may require separate applications beyond the university admissions application.
We want to ensure all Community College graduates from an accredited institution know they are valued and will make a great addition to the Cardinal family. Students who have already earned their Associate’s Degree with a GPA of 2.75 or higher are eligible for our Associate Degree Scholarship, which is an annual amount of $17,000. Students must remain in full-time status while completing their Bachelor’s degree to maintain the Associate Degree Scholarship.
Students must earn a grade of “C” or better in all courses in the 2+2 programs. The student may be required to retake any course in which they received a grade of “C” where there is a higher minimum grade required for Otterbein University students pursuing the same academic program.
Columbus State students could also choose to use their college credit from Columbus State to finish a degree completion program, or they may choose from any of the more than 70 majors and 44 minors available during the day.
Dual Admission Programs and 2+2 Pathways
Majors at Otterbein that may be completed in the Dual Admission Program and 2+2 Pathways are:
- Accounting (AA to BS)
- Allied Health BA
- Allied Health BS
- Allied Health 2 +3 (AAS to BS to Master of Science in Athletic Training)
- Art (AA to BA)
- Art History & Visual Culture (AA to BA)
- Business Administration & Management (AA to BS)
- Chemistry (AS to BA)
- Chemistry (AS to BS)
- Communication Studies (AA to BA)
- Criminology & Justice Studies (AA to BA)
- Economics (AA to BA)
- Finance (AA to BS)
- Health Communication (AA to BA)
- Journalism and Media Communication (AA to BA)
- Marketing (AA to BS)
- Mathematics (AS to BA)
- Mechanical Engineering (AS to BS)
- Middle Childhood Education – Language Arts & Science (AA to BSE)
- Middle Childhood Education – Language Arts & Social Studies (AA to BSE)
- Middle Childhood Education – Language Arts & Mathematics (AA to BSE)
- Middle Childhood Education – Mathematics & Science (AS to BSE)
- Middle Childhood Education – Mathematics & Social Studies (AA to BSE)
- Middle Childhood Education – Science & Social Studies (AA to BSE)
- Primary Education (preK-5) (AA to BSE)
- Primary Education (preK-5) (AAS to BSE)
- Primary Education with Early Childhood Intervention Specialist (PK-5 ECIS) (AA to BSE)
- Psychology (AA to BA)
- Psychology (AA to BS)
- Public Health Education (AAS to BA)
- Public Relations (AA to BA)
- Sociology (AA to BA)
- Sports Management (AAS to BA)
- Sustainability Studies (AA to BA)
- Systems Engineering (AS to BS)
- Veterinary Technology (AAS to BS)