Otterbein's Health Center will help to keep you well, so you can focus on the important things in your daily life, like classes and friends.
Student Health Center
Location: 78 W. Home St. (East of Campus Center)
Hours: Monday – Friday (8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.)
Walk-ins welcome (Full-Time Students Only).
Closed for breaks and holidays.
Office Phone: 614-823-1345
Office Fax: 614-823-1786
We offer a variety of services – immunizations, treatment for illness and injury, gynecological exams, preventative education programs and more – to help keep you healthy. Click here to learn more.
How we can help
The Student Health Center can:
- Diagnose and treat illness and injury.
- Administers allergy injections with a written order from the prescribing allergist (available during Physician or NP hours, check calendar or call ahead; will store vaccine in Health Center, the serum will be stored at the Health Center).
- Follow and order medications for depression, eating disorders and obsessive compulsive disorders.
- Make appropriate referrals for counseling or contact Counseling Center 614-823-1333.
- Administer the following immunizations: Tdap, Flu vaccine and TB skin tests (we accept debit/credit card only).
- Provide counseling for contraceptives.
- Routine gynecological exams.
- Counsel, diagnose and treat sexually transmitted diseases.
- Offer advice on fitness and nutrition.
- Administer flu shots 8 a.m.-3:30 p.m. Mon.-Fri (for full-time students only – debit/credit cards accepted).
View articles that can help keep you well.
- Physician Hours (PDF)
- Appropriate use of antibiotics (PDF)
- Binge drinking
- Colds, Coughs, and Antibiotics (PDF)
- College students need sleep!
- Conjunctivitis (PDF)
- Drug Rehabilitation for College Students
- Drug Rehabilitation: A Guide for Students in Recovery (PDF)
- Eating Disorders and Body Image at Otterbein (PDF)
- Influenza or “Flu” (PDF)
- Is it a cold or the flu? (PDF)
- Keep children and families healthy (PDF)
- Learn about the portion placemat (PDF)
- Viral Respiratory Infections (PDF)
- What is “Mono?” (PDF)
- What to do if someone you know is thinking about suicide
- Why stop smoking? (PDF)