Event Resources & Policies

Alcohol Service Guidelines

Only Parkhurst Dining is permitted to serve events with alcohol. Any events with more than 25 attendees, or any students present, will require a server. Events with alcohol also require a public safety officer to be present. Any event with alcohol must also provide alternative non-alcoholic beverages and catering/snacks prominently displayed.

To request approval for University-sponsored events on Otterbein property where alcohol will be available please complete our form to request alcohol at an event.


Catering service for functions held in university facilities may be obtained from Parkhurst Dining or from other catering services, if approved and included on the annual list of approved caterers.
For more information or to submit your catering order, please contact your event coordinator.


All events and conferences are required to provide event insurance. We recommend EEIA as our event insurance service provider. Visit their Web page for more information.


The university requires all external groups to sign a written contract to use university facilities. Once a request to use a specific university facility is made and approved, the facility contact will provide a written agreement to the external group. All written agreements must be signed by an authorized representative of the external group and returned to the Office of Events and Conferences.

Otterbein Police Department

The Otterbein Police Department is available 24/7 at 614-823-1222. If there is an emergency please dial 9-1-1. For more information please visit the OPD section of our website.

Contact Us

Kristen Wojdyla '16
Director, Events and Conferences

Lexi McNeal '23
Coordinator, Events and Conferences

Justin Akers
Technology Coordinator, Events and Conferences

Taylor Shimp '25
Graduate Assistant, Events and Conferences