The 2020 Martin W. Essex School for the Gifted and Talented™ at Otterbein University
The Martin W. Essex School for the Gifted and Talented™ at Otterbein University offers rising high school juniors and seniors the chance to explore what it means to be gifted and talented—and what it means to be a leader with the unique ability to lend their talents to the betterment of society. The School will engage students in critical self-reflection, pathways to self-understanding, and deepened encounters with the responsibilities of citizenship.
Transferrable college credit from Otterbein University, for Leadership 1010: Introduction to Leadership, is available.
Cost of Essex School:
- Without college credit : $100.00
- With 1 hour of college credit : $250.00
Need-based financial assistance is available.
June 14 – 20, 2020 Apply by June1!
For General Information:
- Contact us at 614-823-1570 for details and registration packet.
- Easy application process.
- Apply early, space is limited to 50 students.
- Notified of admittance within two weeks of receipt of application and deposit.
Workshops and Seminars include:
- Developing Your Gifted Identity
- Mind, Brain, and Learning for the Gifted Brain
- Understanding the Gifted Brain
- “Does Chaos Rule the Cosmos? – An exploration of Chaos and Fractal Geometry”
- Sam Quinones’ Dreamland: The True Tale of America’s Opiate Epidemic
(all students will be sent a copy of this book after registering for Essex)
- Will also include evening “Virtual” Social Gatherings (online game night, online musical performances, online museum visit, etc.).