WE ARE developing a new generation of STEM scholars.
Choose Ohio First STEM Scholarships
At Otterbein, we are not only preparing the next generation of STEM Scholars — we’re recognizing talent and potential with incredible scholarship support.
Our prestigious STEM scholarships can increase your financial aid package by up to $8,500. Recipients also benefit from scholarship-specific:
- Specialized courses and programming.
- Formal mentoring and career planning.
- Research and internship opportunities.
Our Choose Ohio First scholarships have four sources of funding:
Choose Ohio First Computer Science Scholarship - amount varies
Preference given to students typically under represented in Computer Science, including women, students of color and low-income students. Renewable for two additional years. FAFSA Required. Interview Required.
Choose Ohio First Mathematics Scholarship - amount varies
Awarded to Ohio residents who attend Otterbein with a declared major in the Mathematics Department programs. The scholarship is awarded based on financial need with a preference given to students who are underrepresented in Mathematics based on gender, ethnicity, income level, or school district. FAFSA Required. Interview Required. Renewable with 3.0 GPA and must remain in Mathematics major.
Choose Ohio First Nursing Scholarship - amount varies
Awarded to Ohio residents who attend Otterbein with a declared major in the Nursing Department programs. The scholarship is awarded based on financial need with a preference given to students who are underrepresented in Nursing based on gender, ethnicity, income level, or school district. FAFSA Required. Interview Required. Renewable with 3.0 GPA and must remain in Nursing major.
Choose Ohio First STEM Scholarship - amount varies
Awarded to Ohio residents admitted to the Chemistry, Environmental Chemistry, Environmental Science, Physics, Engineering Physics, or Systems Engineering majors. Preference given to low-income, first generation and under represented students. FAFSA Required. Interview Required. Renewable with 3.0 GPA and must remain in STEM major.
Visit our Scholarships & Awards page for more information about financial aid at Otterbein, including opportunities in STEM and other fields.
Rigorous, hands-on curriculum
- Attend classes and labs taught by dedicated, experienced faculty in state-of-the-art facilities and nearby natural laboratories.
- Double major or minor within or outside STEM.
- Travel with faculty to the Western U.S., Central America, Africa, or Europe.
- Balance STEM with other passions, including athletics and the arts.
Real world experience
- Conduct research with faculty, present at scientific conferences, and publish in peer-reviewed journals.
- Secure valuable internships locally, nationally and around the world.
- Shadow medical professionals in one of the many area hospitals and veterinary clinics.
- Network with invited seminar speakers.
- Join one of our many STEM related clubs and organizations.
- Participate in community outreach and work with the Center for Community Engagement.
- Socialize at department cookouts and parties.
- Enter the annual STEM Art Show.
Learn more about STEM Programs at Otterbein:
Otterbein has prepared me academically for the rigor of medical school.
MEET ONE OF OUR STEM MAJORS
Doing research so early on in my college career solidified that I want to work in a lab environment. Having that experience was what allowed me to get my internship at the company that I now work at full time. Working in an R&D lab, in addition to technical knowledge, requires multi-tasking, time management, collaborating with others and more.
I learned all of these things in labs while I was at Otterbein. It made moving into a professional lab environment less intimidating. Otterbein has many opportunities for students to get involved and I believe it makes them stand apart from others.
Elizabeth Isaac ’19