Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN)
BSN Application Procedure for Undergraduate Students
- Schedule a Visit to Otterbein to meet with a faculty member and your admission counselor.
- Apply to Otterbein University as a Pre-Nursing major (see admission requirements below).
- Pre-Nursing students are reviewed for admission into the nursing program during the spring of their freshman year. Pre-nursing students must submit the Nursing Application Form through the department of Nursing by the last Friday of January, during the freshman year, to be eligible for consideration.
BSN Application Procedure for Adult and Transfer Students
Adult and Transfer BSN Applicants must complete the Otterbein University Undergraduate Application. Submit separate official transcripts from all previous college work to the Office of Adult and Transfer Student Services.
Students transferring to Otterbein into the nursing major must submit a Nursing Application Form through the Office of Admission, to the Nursing Department after obtaining admission to the University. For consideration, applications must be received by the last Friday of January. Notification of admission status will be mailed by end of March.
Pre Admission Requirements
To be admitted to the BSN program, you must first be admitted to Otterbein University.
Completion of the following courses at a “C” level or above by the end of spring semester, the year you plan to enter nursing (for traditional students, this is the end of their freshman year):
- Chemistry 1100 and 1110 General Chemistry & Lab
- Integrative Studies 1500 Freshman English
- Psychology 1000 General Psychology
- Psychology 2000 Developmental Psychology
- BIOL 1810 Anatomy & Physiology I
- BIOL 1820 Anatomy & Physiology II
Minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale.
Prerequisite courses with a grade less than a C must be repeated. Earning less than a C on the initial attempt at math, science, or nursing courses may negatively influence your admission status.
Guaranteed Admission Requirements
Each academic year, select high school senior applicants to the Otterbein Nursing program will be given guaranteed admission into the nursing major. These select candidates must have a minimum high school GPA of 3.5 and an ACT composite score of 24 or higher or an SAT score of 1180 (Math and Reading). To be considered for guaranteed admission, your Otterbein Application must be received by May 1. The guarantee is only applied to your first academic year. Guaranteed admission students must still meet the prerequisites required for all pre-nursing freshmen to progress from pre-nursing into the nursing program their sophomore year.