The Writing Center offers walk-in hours and a variety of services to help you write essays, research papers, compositions, and more. We offer:
- Help with any part of a writing assignment
- Advice on how to identify and target recurring problems in your writing
- Resources such as handouts, references, and exercises
- A friendly work environment
- A good listener if you’d like to try out an idea
To prepare for a session with Writing Center staff, you should bring your assignment; a draft on paper or saved electronically if you’d like to work with a consultant at our computers; your notes, outline, or pre-writing; and your ideas and questions. We won’t proofread or grade a paper for you, but we’re happy to work with you on your writing.
Walk-in Hours (No Appointment Needed)
If you’d like to make an appointment, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Appointments should be made at least 2 days in advance. Choose a time that’s convenient for you, email us, and we’ll confirm that the time you chose is available.
We invite you to contact us at email@example.com with short, specific questions about your writing. We’ll respond to you within 48 hours, Monday through Friday. It is important to keep in mind that we cannot read and respond to whole essays sent to us by email. If you would like to discuss an entire essay, we encourage you to visit us in the Writing Center. Schedule an appointment or stop in during our open hours.
Questions sent by email need to be specific and focused. Examples of questions that we can answer in response to your email:
- Please take a look at my introduction. Does my thesis seem clear and functional?
- How do I write a work-cited entry in MLA style for a personal interview?
- Here is one of my supporting paragraphs. Are my quotations incorporated and my in-text citations correctly formatted in APA style?
- How do I footnote in Chicago style?
“Having someone to bounce ideas off of and strengthen my ideas while writing has helped me.”
Academic Support Center and Disability Services Location and Hours
Location: Courtright Memorial Library, Second Floor in the Back
Office Hours: Monday-Friday 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Academic Support Center and Disability Services Staff
Sara Banaie, M.S.Ed
Testing/Alt Media Coordinator
Library, Room 203
Regina Kengla, M.A.
Writing Services & SI Coordinator
Library, Room 226