Golden Reunion: Class of 1971
The Class of 1971 Golden Reunion Planning Committee has made the difficult decision to delay the reunion until Fall of 2022 due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Refunds will be issued for anyone who already registered. We will continue to accept memory book pages until 2022.
What do I need to know for my reunion?
Class of 1971 Reunion Committee
Class of 1971 ~ 50th Reunion Advisory Group
- Adele Knipp Klenk- Co-chair
- Barb MacKenzie Campbell- Co-chair
Marsha Brobst Adkins
Linda Ancik Augspurger
Rita Schumacher Bilikam
- Jim Francis
Jane A Holford
Sue Butcke Koverman
Wendy Louise Roush
Joyce Bristow Winget
- Debbie Finlaw Wolfe
Over the past year, we have seen the generosity of our fellow Americans in full force. It is in that same spirit of giving, we ask you to join us, in addition to your annual support of the Otterbein FUND, in supporting the Class of 1971 Gift to the Promise House. The Promise House is Otterbein’s on-campus resource center and food pantry. Its mission is to break down socioeconomic barriers to success for students. The Promise House provides students with food, financial wellness information, school supplies, toiletries, mini-grants, and referrals. Watch this video to learn more about the Promise House.
Our goal is $50,000 in current gifts and pledge commitments. All gifts and pledges, up to five years, made to the Class of 1971 by December 31, 2021, will be counted toward our goal.
There a couple of ways to contribute to the Class of 1971 Legacy Gift:
- Return the enclosed reply card (mailing should be received in late May)
- Visit https://www.otterbein.edu/71give. Under designation, select “Other Giving Options for Support” and type: Class of 1971 Promise House in the box that says “Specific program, initiative, dept, etc.
- Individuals who have reached age 72 can make a gift from their IRAs and in doing so may reduce their taxable income. Contact your IRA administrator for more information or to request a transfer. Contact Taylor Police (614-823- 1953; TaylorPolice1@otterbein.edu), to alert him to any forthcoming stock transfers or IRA distributions.
- Let the University know of any intentions to remember Otterbein in your estate plan.
If you have any questions about donating or would like to donate over the phone, please contact the Advancement Office at (614) 823-1400.