Class of 1973
🎉Looking back on a great time!🎉
It’s been nearly two weeks since the Class of ’73 gathered for our 50th Reunion celebration, but we can guarantee that many who attended are still smiling!
Whether you were able to join us on campus or not, we think you’ll enjoy the photo gallery, ’70s-era photo slideshow from the Archives, recording of the Reunion Luncheon program, and digital Memory Book – all of which are linked below.
We hope you enjoy!
Your Class of 1973 50th Reunion Planning Committee,
Frank Bright | John Codella | Thomas Heavey | Evon Lineburgh
Ruth Schreckengost Novak | Dee Weaston Standish | Bill Standish
Class of 1973
Reunion Luncheon Program
Don’t forget: One of the most important things you can do is make sure Otterbein has your current email and mail addresses. Much of the material Otterbein sends is distributed primarily by email, so it’s very important to provide an accurate email address. You can update your information in just a few quick moments by clicking the button below!
Congratulations, Otterbein Class of 1973! We did it! Our Class Legacy Gift to Otterbein reached $33,965.
This accomplished our goal of endowing a permanent scholarship at Otterbein. Once all pledges are in, the fund will be fully endowed and begin to distribute annually. Thank you all for your contributions to this worthwhile endeavor that will serve Otterbein students for years to come.
If you have not contributed or would like to contribute more you still can by following the steps below. We would love to add to the endowment so we might serve more students.
To add your support, choose one of the quick and secure options below.
To make a gift now:
- Click here
- Select “Class of 1973 Scholarship Fund” under Designation/Area of Support.
- Enter a gift amount (you don’t have to give one of the suggested amounts)
- Complete the form with your personal information and you’re all set!
To make a pledge of up to three years:
- Print, complete, and mail this pledge form.
To contribute from your IRA:
- Individuals who have reached age 72 can make a gift from their IRAs and in doing so may reduce their taxable income. Contact your IRA administrator for more information or to request a transfer. Visit plannedgiving.otterbein.edu for more information. Contact Kathleen Bonte (614-823-1400; firstname.lastname@example.org), to alert her to any forthcoming stock transfers or IRA distributions.
To contribute through your estate plan:
- Let the University know of any intentions to remember Otterbein in your estate plan.
Questions about the Class Gift, endowed funds, or making a gift through your estate plans? Contact Otterbein’s Executive Director of Development, Kathleen Bonte, at 614-823-2707 or email@example.com.
Class of 1973 50th Reunion Photo
Click the photo, then click the down arrow to download the class photo at your preferred size and resolution for printing.
First row left to right: Rebecca Holford Miller, Deb Scott Vedder, Susan Harrison Lahoski, Virgenea Roberts, Laurie Andreas, Cindy Kent, Nancy Garrison Howley, Lynn Greene, Linda Yohn, Alan Shaffer
Second row left to right: Ruth Schreckengost Novak, Cheryn Alten Houston, Diane Sanford, Charlotte Molinaro, Kaye Kline Schlosser, Tom Heavey, Frank Bright, Lynn Condit Whetstone
Third row left to right: Lynette Freshour Vargyas-Buchser, Gretchen Steck Horstman, Peggy Malone, Peg Fagerberg Montgomery, Evon Lineburgh, Steve Lust, Charlie Ernst, bill Standish, Dee Weaston Standish
Fourth row left to right: Mark Donofrio, John Codella, Jr., Kevin Witt, Tim Schlosser, Pete Tschofen
Your Golden Reunion took place September 14-16, 2023.
Thursday, September 14, 2023
- 7 p.m. | Reunion Meet & Greet (The Point at Otterbein – 60 Collegeview Rd)
Hors d’oeuvres, cash bar, tour of The Point
Friday, September 15, 2023
- 10:00 a.m. | Coffee and Welcome (Campus Center)
- 11:15 a.m. | Class Photo (Campus Center)
- 11:45 a.m. | Golden Reunion Celebration Luncheon (Campus Center Main Floor)
- 2-4 p.m. | Campus Van Tours (Guided van tour, departing from Campus Center)
- 2 p.m. | Tour of the Otterbein Center for Equine Science (600 N. Spring Rd.)
- 5-7 p.m. | Cardy Hour – Alumni, Faculty, Staff, and Families Gathering with appetizers, beer (for purchase), and non-alcoholic options (Campus Center West Parking Lot)
- 7-9 p.m. | OtterFest – Alumni, Faculty, Staff, and Families Gathering with live music from the Moonbats, food trucks, beer (for purchase), and non-alcoholic options (Campus Center West Parking Lot)
Saturday, September 16, 2023
- 9:30 a.m. | Celebration of Otterbein & State of the University Address (Riley Auditorium, Battelle Hall)
- 11 a.m. | Homecoming & Family Weekend Parade (Meet at Howard House to join and walk as a class, 131 W. Park St)
- 11 a.m. | Women’s Soccer vs. Case Western Reserve University (Memorial Stadium, Otterbein Campus)
- 11:30 a.m.-3 p.m. | OtterFest – Alumni, Faculty, Staff, and Families Gathering with live music from Allison Asarch ’18, Johnny Steiner ’96, and Ottertuned, food trucks, beer (for purchase), and non-alcoholic options (Campus Center West Parking Lot)
- 3 p.m. | Otterbein Football vs. Wilmington College (Memorial Stadium, Otterbein Campus)
- 5-10 p.m. | Class Hangout at the home of Linda Ancik Augspurger ’71 and Jim Augspurger ’71(75 N West St.)
Drop-in and catch up with classmates for snacks, drinks, dinner from City Barbecue, bonfire, etc. Dinner served at 6 p.m.