Veteran’s Affairs

As part of Otterbein University’s ongoing commitment to serve student veterans, service members, and their families, Otterbein has agreed to adhere to the “Principles of Excellence for Educational Institutions Serving Service Members, Veterans, Spouses, and Other Family Members”. In accordance with those principles, we have provided all students who filed a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and were awarded aid with a Financial Aid Shopping Sheet to inform you of the total cost of attendance, as well as any potential aid you may receive.

Your Shopping Sheet can be found with your other financial information in Banner.

Otterbein offers academic advising, job search assistance, financial aid consulting, and disability counseling through established offices on campus. Otterbein University is proud to say that within 6 months of graduation, 96% of spring 2020 graduates were either employed or enrolled in a graduate education program.

Our campus representatives listed below would be happy to assist and answer any questions you may have.

Tuition and Financial Aid

Otterbein University is committed to making your education financially attainable through gift aid and self-help aid. We believe in rewarding talent, investing in potential, and doing what it takes to keep Otterbein accessible and affordable.

You can find general information about university and campus financial aid statistics at the links provided below:

As a veteran/service member or family member, you may also be eligible or VA education benefits and/or tuition assistance. We encourage you to apply for aid, regardless of your financial situation. More than 95% of our students qualified for financial assistance in the last year.

How to Apply for Financial Aid:

  1. Complete and submit the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). The FAFSA is the first step in the financial aid process. You can submit your application through FAFSA at Be sure to list Otterbein University. Our Title IV school code is 003110.
  2. If requested, please submit any additional documentation to Student Financial Services ( Once you are an admitted student, and we’ve received your FAFSA and all required supplemental documentation, you will receive a need-based aid package.

If you have any questions regarding this process, please contact Lucas Lemaster in Student Financial Services (

Transfer Credit

Detailed information regarding Otterbein’s Transfer Credit Policies can be found by consulting the Academic Policies and Procedures section of the current Academic Catalog.

Otterbein University accepts all non-remedial credits earned at any regionally accredited institution with a grade C- or better. Otterbein also accepts credits for military coursework listed on a military transcript with ACE recommendations. Credits are evaluated by the registrar in consultation with academic departments. Credits that do not align with specific Otterbein courses will be awarded general elective credit. Actual grades are not transferred and thus are not included in the Otterbein grade point average.

For more information regarding transfer requirements and course equivalencies, please refer to Otterbein’s Transfer Credit Policy.