Transfer Credit Policy

Detailed information regarding Otterbein’s Transfer Credit Policy can be found by consulting the Academic Policies and Procedures section of the current Academic Catalog. For additional information regarding transferring to Otterbein, please see our guide for Transfer Students.

Note: Currently enrolled Otterbein students planning to complete coursework at another institution should consult the guides below. If the school and/or courses are not listed on the guides shown, current Otterbein students may submit a Transient Course Approval form to the Office of the Registrar.

Transfer Requirements & Course Equivalencies

Otterbein accepts credits from two and four-year institutions that are fully accredited by the appropriate regional accrediting agencies. Students applying for transfer to Otterbein University will receive an official evaluation of their prior college credits when official transcripts have been received from all previously attended institutions. Only courses in which the student has received a grade of “C-“or higher will be considered for transfer credits.

There is no limit to the number of credits transferred from two-year and four-year institutions.

Course Equivalency & Community College Agreements

Course Equivalency Guides

Otterbein University accepts all non-remedial credits earned at any regionally accredited institution with a grade C- or better. Otterbein also accepts credits for military coursework listed on a military transcript with ACE recommendations. Credits are evaluated by the registrar in consultation with academic departments. Credits that do not align with specific Otterbein courses will be awarded general elective credit. Actual grades are not transferred and thus are not included in the Otterbein grade point average. If academic credentials are submitted in a non-English language, a World Education Services, Inc. (WES) course-by-course evaluation might be required. Visit the WES website for details and instructions.

Select a school name below to see a list of courses which will transfer to Otterbein University from that institution. Courses which are not listed have not yet been evaluated for course credit. Equivalency guides will be updated periodically as courses are reviewed.

Once outside coursework is complete, students must send an official transcript from the institution to the Otterbein Office of the Registrar in order for credit to be applied to their degree.

Community College Agreements

To better serve students in community colleges, Otterbein has articulation agreements with the institutions listed below. These agreements guarantee admission to graduates from two-year institutions with the Associate of Arts or Associate of Science degree with a 2.0 or higher GPA. Individual departments’ minimum grade requirements may vary.

  • Central Ohio Technical College, Newark, Ohio​
  • Clark State Community College, Springfield, Ohio
  • Columbus State Community College (Pathway Programs), Columbus, Ohio
  • Hocking College, Logan, Ohio
  • Marion Technical College, Marion, Ohio
  • North Central State College, Mansfield, Ohio
  • Southern State Community College, Hillsboro, Ohio
  • Zane State College, Zanesville, Ohio