Golden Reunion: Class of 1974
Save the Date! The Class of 1974 Golden Reunion is scheduled for September 19-21, 2024. Registration for this exciting celebration will open in spring 2024.
During your reunion, you can expect plenty of time to reconnect with classmates, campus tours, an update from President Comerford, and more. And don’t forget that as your reunion winds down on Friday evening, Homecoming & Family Weekend is just getting started! So book your room (see below), plan to arrive Thursday evening, and leave… well, that’s up to you!
We’ll share a full schedule of events in the months ahead. For now, the most important things you can do are:
1) Join the Class of 1974 Pre-Reunion Zoom at 10 a.m. Eastern on Thursday, June 8, 2023. You won’t want to miss out on this chance to learn about your reunion and ways you can be involved… and catch up with classmates!
2) Make sure Otterbein has your current email and mail addresses. Much of the material about your reunion is distributed primarily by email, so it’s very important to provide an accurate email address. You can update your information in just a few quick moments by clicking the button below!
What do I need to know for my reunion?
Book your stay!
Traveling to Westerville for the Homecoming & Family Weekend or your Reunion?
To make your out of town stay more comfortable, we’ve arranged room blocks or special Otterbein rates at the following local hotels:
Hotels with special Otterbein rates
Aloft Westerville Hotel (1.7 miles)
32 Heatherdown Drive, Westerville, OH 43081
Click here by August 30th to book your room at our special rate of $119/night!
Book by phone: 614-899-656
Additional area hotels
Renaissance Columbus Westerville-Polaris (1.5 miles)
409 Altair Parkway, Westerville, OH 43082
To book: Click here or call 833-427-0292
Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton Columbus/Polaris (2.6 miles)
8411 Pulsar Place, Columbus, OH 43240
To book: Click here or call 614-885-8400
Holiday Inn Express Columbus-Worthington (5 miles)
55 Hutchinson Ave, Columbus, Ohio 43235
To book: Click here or call 614-977-0520
Class of 1974 Reunion Committee
Your Class Reunion committee is being formed right now! If you’d like to be a part of the planning process as this exciting celebration comes together over the next several months, just email email@example.com!
Curious but want more information? Click the image of the Reunion Volunteer Guide in this section to read all about the reunion planning process and your potential role.
Your class, like Golden Reunion Classes before it, is creating a special 50th Reunion Memory Book. Every member of the class will be invited to share their memories of their time on campus – pictures included!
In the months ahead, we’ll provided a secure, easy-to-use form where you can write and submit your entry. It can take a narrative form or simply be a bulleted list of memories – you decide. Whichever style you choose, please limit your entry to 2 pages (about 750 words).
You’re also invited you to submit a page in memory of any friends or relatives from the Class of 1974 who have passed.
And remember, even if you can’t make it to your reunion, your classmates will still want to hear your story in your own words.
Start writing your entry today! It’s never to early to get started!
Like most classes celebrating their Golden Reunion at Otterbein, your class is raising funds to mark the occasion. All gifts received through June 30, 2024 – regardless of their designation or purpose – count towards your total Class Gift.
Your class is also creating a special fund to commemorate your 50th reunion, details of which will be shared in early 2024. In the meantime, there several ways to contribute to the Class of 1974 Gift:
- Return the enclosed reply card in any fundraising mailing
- Visit www.otterbein.edu/give.
- Individuals who have reached age 72 can make a gift from their IRAs and in doing so may reduce their taxable income. Contact your IRA administrator for more information or to request a transfer. Contact Kathleen Bonte (614-823-1400; firstname.lastname@example.org), to alert her to any forthcoming stock transfers or IRA distributions.
- Let the University know of any intentions to remember Otterbein in your estate plan.
If you have any questions about donating or would like to donate over the phone, please contact the Advancement Office at (614) 823-1400.