About the Courtright Memorial Library
The Courtright Memorial Library is open to students, faculty, staff, and community members – and we serve over 250,000 people per year. Our patrons describe us as “a place of community that drives innovation in the ways we learn, and is the heart of the campus.”
We are proud members of the OPAL and OhioLINK consortia, which allows us to provide our patrons access to hundreds of electronic databases and millions of books, eBooks, and journals. Our collection includes books, music, juvenile, games, DVDs and streaming videos. Our Archives detail the history of the University and include materials on the United Brethren Church, our founding institution in 1847. We connect with our community through text, email, chat, and in person.
Through the generosity of A. Monroe Courtright ’40, the building is named in honor of his parents Robert and Ada. The Library was built in 1972 and was most recently renovated in 2013.
The vision of the Courtright Memorial Library is to optimize and elevate the Otterbein community by serving as the intellectual center of campus.
- Circulation Policies
- Course Reserves
- Display of Art/Temporary Exhibits Policy
- Donation Policy & Guidelines
- Guest Access Request Form (PDF) (Guest computer and printing access has been suspended until further notice)
- Guest Access Policy (PDF) (Guest computer and printing access has been suspended until further notice)
- Interlibrary Loan
- Library Displays: Types, Guidelines, & Release Form (PDF)
- Patron Code of Conduct (PDF)