Celebrating the Class of 1970
What do I need to know for my reunion?
Schedule of Events
The Golden Reunion is scheduled for September 25-26, 2020.
Tentative Schedule of Events
Thursday, September 24, 2020
- 7 p.m. Optional Meet & Greet
Friday, September 25, 2020
- 11 a.m. | Class Photo
- 12 p.m. | Golden Reunion Celebration Luncheon
- 6 p.m. | Class of 1970 Reunion Dinner
Saturday, September 26, 2020
- 9 a.m. | Continental Breakfast
- 10:30 a.m. | Homecoming & Family Weekend Parade
- 11:30 a.m. | Lunch on your own
- 2 p.m. | Otterbein Football versus Ohio Northern
Sunday, September 27, 2020
- 11 a.m. Church of the Master worship service
Our book won’t be complete without your page. We encourage you to include a memory of your years at Otterbein, along with highlights of the past 50 years. Pictures encouraged! Mark your calendar! See below for instructions. DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSION OF YOUR MEMORY PAGE IS TBD.
Our class, of course, contributed heavily to the military because of our time in history. A special section of the Memory Book will be devoted to those who served in the military. We hope that you will include stories, memories, etc., of your time in the military. Please include photos for that section also.
If you have college stories to share about a friend or relative from the Class of 1970 who has passed, we welcome you to submit a memory page in their honor.
How to write your page:
Use a narrative form or create a listing by category – you decide. Please limit your entry to 2 pages (about 750 words). At the top of your entry include your name, address, phone (optional) and email (optional).
How to submit your page:
You have three options to submit your memory:
- Click here to start an online form.
- Email a Microsoft Word document (or PDF) to email@example.com. You may attach a recent photo of you and/or your family. Photos must be in .jpg format.
- U.S. Mail. Simply type or hand-write your memory and mail it to Alumni Relations. Please be sure to include your name and address on the back of any photos you want returned.
Office of Alumni Relations
1 South Grove St.
Westerville, OH 43081
Traveling to Westerville?
To make your out of town stay more comfortable, we’ve arranged room blocks in the following local hotels:
Renaissance Columbus Westerville-Polaris
409 Altair Parkway Westerville, OH 43082
Reserve by September 3, 2020
Rate- $137 plus tax
Courtyard Columbus Worthington
7411 Vantage Dr. Columbus, OH 43235
Reserve by September 10, 2020
Rate- $99 plus tax
1 (888) 236-2427
Embassy Suites by Hilton Columbus
2700 Corporate Exchange Drive Columbus, OH 43231
Reserve by September 3, 2020
Rate- $125 (King) or 135 (Two Doubles) plus tax
Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton Columbus/Polaris
8411 Pulsar Place Columbus OH 43240
Reserve by August 24, 2020
Rate – $119 plus tax
Class of 1970 Advisory Group
Class of 1970 ~ 50th Reunion Advisory Group
- Bob Fortner
- Brian Hartzell
- Ted Jones
- Tom Schultz
- Shirley Scott
- If you are interested in joining the advisory group, please contact Stacey Rusterholz, assistant director of Alumni Relations, at 614-823-1466.
Registered attendees for the 1970 50th Reunion
- Names will be added after registration opens!
If you have any questions, please contact Alumni Relations at firstname.lastname@example.org or (614) 823-1650.